Monday, May 01, 2006

I'm Sorry...Where Do You Live?

So I live on a street called Cherylane. Look at that again. No, it's not cherrylane, it's Cherylane. Cheryl. Like the famous model. To top it off, not only is it a lane, but it's a boulevard. And, no, it's not one of broken dreams. It's always got to be spelled out, though. That's become annoying. Hey, at least I don't live on Pansy Street like a friend of mine does. My grandparents live on a street called Idlewild. My parents lived on a street once that my dad just couldn't forget: it was his first name. Now, my mom has to hang lanterns from the attic window to remind him where he lives.

Streets used to be named for where they led to. Perhaps there was once a whole lane of cheryls who lived here. Maybe there was once an oxymoron that lived at the end of my grandparents' street.

The thing of it is: if I'm coming to your house and I drive past it, will I know where I'll end up?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In this order:

Willow Tree as in Ask me if I am a tree?
Longview It was a dead end
Andover Because that's where it started: Andover, MA
Richview Not really
Highland As in McCloud Clan
James It did help
Revere (ah, what a Pun)

AaronG said...

Are you a tree?

Anonymous said...

No!? Duh!

Anonymous said...

My next house will be on Testosorone Trail