Saturday, April 29, 2006

Feeling A Draft

Good 1st and 2nd round picks by the Patriots. I like Laurence Maroney. I saw him play against OSU. His speed and quickness torched the Buckeyes in the first half of that game. Good, strong pick for the Pats. I like Chad Jackson. Supposed to be a top notch receiver.

Honestly, I've never really seen either of them play other than Maroney that one time. Why? I hate college football. Hate. College. Football. Sure I'm intrigued by the draft. Probably more so because I don't college football. What's the point. You spend all year rooting for your team. They go 12-0, more likely 11-1. Pretty good year. Well, say that top 5 team you beat in the premier game early in the season, tanks it because you handed it to them. Your team destroyed their will to play. Well, that actually hurts you, it makes your strength of schedule not so strong. Top that off with two other teams who are slightly better at year's end. You don't get the championship bowl game. And it's all because 5 guys in Idaho didn't vote for your team like they should've. That's what it comes down to. That's ridiculous. College football fans need to get some perspective. You're essentially rooting to be one of the two best teams in the nation. But not according to record. According to the views of some few people. Thus, it's illogical to be a fan of college football.

The thing of it is: without college football, the NFL wouldn't have lived so long, or prospered so well.

5 comments:

The Tall One said...

I couldn't agree more with how college football ends its season. There needs to be a better method. As for the actual games, they can be pretty darn exciting!

Anonymous said...

I agree with The Tall One... There needs to be a playoff system, even if it's only a round. Make some of the bowl games playoff games to get to the National Championship Bowl game, wherever that might be scheduled to be.

These college athletes can handle one more game. It's not going to screw up their GPAs. They already get too much help passing tests, but I'd rather see a better system.

I mean, these athletes don't need an education, do they? They're all going to be pro athletes, right?

But really, is one more game to determine something so important to so many people really going to hurt? It would be a win-win.

AaronG said...

The second the institute a real playoff system, one that could keep each of the "bowl names and sponsorships" through each of the rounds, I will becomea fan of CFB. However, I need a team to root for. And please don't say the Buckeyes!

Anonymous said...

BC Eagles....remember the Hail Mary in 84

AaronG said...

84? I remember the Notre Dame in 93 when Glenn Foley drove them down the field with a minute to go and they kicked the game winner to beat the #1 team in the nation 41-39? Then they lost to West Virginia (Have I mentioned I don't like West Virginia?) the next week on a questionable forward motion call that would've stopped the clock. If they hadn't of lost to Northwestern in the second week and beat WVU they've been playing for the national championship. But I was too young to hate College Football back then.