Sunday, May 07, 2006

Someone Set The Limit

I shouldn't be allowed to watch this show anymore. The music's too good. Everytime I watch it, I want to run out the next morning and buy the CD of whichever artist I've just seen. That's what happened this morning. Right now I'm three songs into the CD "Trouble" by Ray LaMontagne. I know, that among my readers (and yes I have them), this isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it's worth the 15 bucks. And, hey, like most of my readers, he used to live in Maine.

One of the last times I watched Austin City Limits, Damien Rice was on. I did the same thing. Again, fantastic album.

The thing of it is: I'm not sure if it was the show that night, the soothing tones of Damien Rice, or that fact that the Sox had just been destroyed by the Yankees in Game 3 of the '04 ALCS, but, for some reason, I've become a Damien Rice fan. And, no, I'm not superstitious. Not at all.

No comments: