Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Saving Gas Money

So here in the newsroom, we're constantly doing stories about rising gas prices. And we're constantly being asked to find a new angle to the story. Here's one:

"With rising gas prices, NASCAR could be looking into alternative fuel costs. The Indy Racing League is already leading the way by beginning a two-year transition to ethanol."

But for a more in-depth report, I'd love the chance to examine why Major League Baseball got rid of these. Was it because of the fuel scares of the late 70s? Too much foreign competition? Or is it just more fun to see a pitcher sprint in from the bullpen, pulling up about around second base with a hamstring injury?

The thing of it is: I'd probably have to interview the Philly Fanatic. But I wouldn't interview Wally the Green Monster. He doesn't exist.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem to spend much time waxing into the mysteries of our world. The strange and obvious are outside the purview of most people who are living in the world of commonality and boredom. May this web site bring you healing.

www.philosophersguild.com

AaronG said...

Thanks for the compliment, I suppose. Although, having searched the site, I've found only one item that provides me with the requisite healing: http://www.philosophersguild.com/index.lasso?page_mode=Product_Detail&item=0477.

On top of that, I was rather disappointed with the items for sale. Many of the products seem to capitilize on left-ist thinking (not that I am, myself, a right-ist) or on hack philosophers/thinkers-whose-ideas-are-no-good-anymore. As such, this T-shirt is the only thing that made me smile.

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»