Saturday, December 09, 2006

Some More Thoughts

Apparently some of my readers do not like my more banal posts. This is understandable...they're not all that good. But before I once again resume my objective of evoking your illative sense, I offer these, admittedly plebian, observations.

I'm growing my hair out. I'm tired of the same haircut. It's been the same way for 12 years. However, in musical terms, if my previous hairstyle was D chord, my new hairstyle is a Dsus -- with maybe a major 7th.

Remember that Friends episode where Chandler and Rachel eat the cheesecake mistakenly delivered to their apartment. Well, last night a box with a Cheryl & Co. label was delivered to our apartment but not exactly to us. We're still weighing our ethical obligations...did I mention I have a pregnant wife?

I'm sitting at an intersection today when an ambulance comes flying down the road towards me. There were three cars in each of the three lanes facing me, two of those lanes had a green light and the cars should've have continued through the intersection (the ambulance was turning left). All three cars stopped. I'm still not sure how the ambulance made it through.

That's not as bad as when I'm on a divided highway with an ambulance or fire truck comes barreling down on the other side of the highway and people going in my direction still stop. Drives me nuts.

My tree has remained upright (almost) for almost 48 hours.

Basketball in HD is sweet.

Damien Rice has a new CD. I'm excited about this.

Congratulations to Mary J. Blige. I have no idea who you are.

Derek Webb's in town Tuesday. I'm excited about this.

Is AI the answer for the C's. I'm not sure. Also not sure what the question is anymore. Oh yeah: When should we fire Doc?

Enjoyed a great game of touch football with co-workers this morning. It was 22 degrees at kick-off. I threw two INTs, but also picked off the other team 3 times (2 for TDs), caught two 2 TDs and threw for 2 TDs. But I'm not the game MVP. That has to go to one of the other Daves I know...Dave Levy....and his little dog too!

Alright...on to more pedantic and erudite observations...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary J. Blige is an R&B singer who is often referred to as "the queen of hip-hop soul, which may be why you don't know of her.

Anonymous said...

I see that the incorrect delivery does possess an ethical concern. Of course, we could ask, 'What would Jesus do?,' but the question assumes there were such delectable delights back then [figs and dates don't make the grade, though results from seeds found at Masada yield a very delightful peach]. We could ask another question 'Would eating such items represent the destuction of evidence if any charges came?' [as long as you dump the wrapping in another neighbor's trash you safe]. Situational ethics is such a bore...do the right thing and move on.