Thursday, December 14, 2006

I'm Getting Old

It dawned on me last night after a game of basketball that I'm getting old. I say this because when I got home both of my knees were sore. Now, I've not ever had a history of knee problems -- not in both knees. In college I partially tore my left knee MCL in a rather embarrassing incident:

I was playing softball and launched a ball to the deepest part of right field. With my blazing speed I was able to get all the way around third before the ball had even reached the cut-off man. So, trotting into home, I decided to make a rather emphatic statement. I stomped my left leg down on the plate. My leg locked and my knee popped. I rolled all the way to the backstop. The crowd went from cheering to silence to laughter. Adding insult to injury, the doctor later told me I had a partial tear which I've never had fixed.

So my left knee occasionally bothers me during basketball or football or soccer games -- but it's manageable. Now my right knee is also acting up in the much the same way. So either I now have knee problems or I've gained too much weight and my knees can't support my weight (this is less likely cause I'm only 165lbs).

The conclusion: I'm getting old.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suck it Up!

Anonymous said...

I think that if you reach the 300lb mark, you may become eligible to work from home. No boothing obviously, but I'm sure they could hook you up with a nice remote setup.

Anonymous said...

As a big man or as the kids say Huskey Knee problems suck. The other day I had to sprint to get an imprompt too interview and popped my back 20 steps in, which lead to a sore shoulder and my knee slipping again. Stupid weight and age

Anonymous said...

My tears are just too much to continue reading....

Anonymous said...

If you're complaining abougt old-age now, you are going to have a really hard time at 30.

Anonymous said...

If you're complaining abougt old-age now, you are going to have a really hard time at 30. 30.