Sunday, December 03, 2006

OHSAA

I've been out of town since Thursday -- thus no blog updates. This weekend was the annual Ohio State High School Football Playoffs. It's held at the Pro Football Hall of Fame and our TV station airs every game live across the state and so I was sent up to help with broadcasts. Three 15 hr. days and nights of going out wear you down and then to come back and work a full day in Columbus...well...I'm languished at the moment. Though, this game was unbelievable!

If you've never been to the Pro Football Hall of Fame -- you haven't missed much. Maybe I'm just not a maudlin football fan. I don't know. It doesn't strike me. Not like Cooperstown would.

The bust room is sublime (and Dad, that pic I sent you was of John Hannah's face, not Abraham Lincoln. Question: Why would I send you a pic of Abraham Lincoln's bust?).Other than that, there's not much to see. But certainly, check it out if you love to see pictures, old helmets, cleats and jock straps the players wore. Then it's worth it.

Yes. I did touch Tom Brady's jersey. That was cool -- and there's a section devoted to their 21-game win streak, too. But I touched Tom's game jersey. Oh. And if you were wondering...I had nothing to do with this...but it's freaking hilarious!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally I think the Pro Football Hall of Fame is amazing. Sublime is a great way to describe the bust room. I was awestruck the first time I walked in there. It's quiet and clean. And the holographic Super Bowl ring is just cool as all get-out (not that I really know what that means).

All the old tyme gear and photos are historic. It really brings a cool perspective the game we all love.

You may be right, though. The Baseball Hall of Fame might evoke even more emotion. I have yet to get to Cooperstown, but I will before it's all said and done.

I also should say that even with the crazy wind and cold temperatures, I'm extremely disappointed that I couldn't go up and take part in the "festivities."

AaronG said...

I think in about 20 years the PFHOF will be some place I'd want to go cause of all the present football fanatacism. I know the players and stories of today's game and reminiscing on all that years from now is something I'm looking forward too.

As for the BHOF. I grew up on old baseball stories -- unlike football -- so I feel like I know more about its past. I look forward to heading there and also passing on those stories.

Anonymous said...

Tom's jersey, huh? Well, I've touched Tom. *ahhhh*

Anonymous said...

I actually thought it was cool although I'm not a huge fan either. The holographic ring is phenomenal.

Anonymous said...

OK, so I couldn't tell the difference between two men busts but as for the FHOF, yeah, I've been there, or, was it Cooperstown... Funny, even the bust of Babe looks a little like Abe.

Anonymous said...

OH NOOOOOOOOO MR BILLY...WE'VE BEEN SPLOGGED!