Monday, December 11, 2006

I Hate The Foo Fighters

Back in college, my roommate was obsessed with the Foo Fighters. He frequently played their CDs. Quite often I would enter the room to "...there goes my hero." Me being the straight-shooter, I would say "I hate the Foo Fighters." And that's true (it still is Eric).

Of course, one-time he caught me. Unbeknownst to me, he was playing their CD and I remarked that "I like this. Who is it?" He smiled when he told me -- like he'd won some battle. But he should've realized that he needed to concede that the Foo Fighters sounded like "everything else on the radio" and I was unable to differentiate between them and the Vertical Horizon's of the world. He didn't and it's become this running joke.

Well...this may be the end of the joke. While watching an episode of Scrubs this past week this song played as Turk and Carla introduced their new child. The song playing was "Miracle":
Hands on a miracle
I got my hands on a miracle
Leave it or not, hands on a miracle
And there ain't no way
Let you take it away

I really liked it and spent considerable time hunting down the author of the song (potentially for the Baby Mix CD, which I'm still working on, btw).

It was sung by the Foo Fighters.

I hate the Foo Fighters.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh, the taste of victory! It's about time you conceded defeat, you've been losing this battle for about 6 years now. I told you that you liked them, its about time you believed me.

Also, just to clarify for your fellow bloggers, it was more than one occasion where you entered the room and said, "I like this, who is this?" As I recall, it was nearly everytime I was playing them and you walked in the room that you asked me who they were because you liked the song.

Anonymous said...

"I pity da Foo!"....too obvious?

Anonymous said...

I received a strong measure of school discipline [it use to happen] with a ratan for being a food fighter.

Anonymous said...

Did I just read a Baby Mix tape?

AaronG said...

Yes...the wife and I are having a little one -- due in early March -- so I'm making a Baby Mix Tape (actually it's a playlist on the iPod).

Check the September Archives for the full story under Sing-a-Long Songs

Anonymous said...

I knew about the baby, but for some random reason the phrase baby mix tape makes me laugh.