Monday, November 06, 2006

We're Having A...

Actually, we don't know yet. We'll find out tomorrow at 10am whether we're having a boy or a girl. Needless to say, it's a pretty exciting time for us. But I wanted to go on record with my prediction. Let me preface by saying I was way off on last night's Pats-Satan's Dominions game. I had us winning in a blow-out. I was wrong.

Anyway, for my offspring prediction -- of infinite more importance to me right now -- I offer these criteria:

1. The Mrs. and I are sure it's a girl. We have been since we found out we were pregnant. There's no doubt. None at all. It's not even something we convinced ourselves to believe, we've just both had this incontrovertible, undeniable feeling that we're having a girl.

2. There are certain "old-wives tales" in both families that have been accurate predictors in the past:

a) (She'll kill me for saying this) But there's no hair growing on her legs. Her sister incurred the same phenomenon when she had both of her girls.
b) The Mrs. is carrying the baby low -- again, I refer you to her sister as an example.
c) According to my grandfather (Go Cards!) it's all in the eyes. If her eyes are dull looking then it's a boy. If they're glowing: it's a girl. They're glowing spectacularly.

3. I actually, kinda-of, want a girl.

Now let's take these three criteria into account. 3 is neither here nor there. 2 is very convincing, but not enough to sway me in the end. I've gotta say it's number one. It's this amazing feeling that is beyond explanation or proofs. It just is. I don't know where it came from or how to get it rid of it (not that I want to, just adds to my example that it's very innate within me, not a feeling I can turn off or on).

So, I think it's a girl.

I'll let everyone know.

And I'm very, very ecstatic about tomorrow morning.

6 comments:

jdjones said...

Yes, but what about the fifth car to drive by your house, or the third song to come on the radio this morning? And was the toilet seat up or down?

AaronG said...

I guess somethings you can never live down. Nice. Made me laugh aloud at work today.

And -- I'm actually doing it this time by the # of blog responses...

Anonymous said...

When this old time NIKE worker found out that my Mrs. was carrying the daddy-to-be, I was looking at a blue piece of EVA (that's the sponge stuff on the shoe). We did not know until April 25, but the blue EVA hinted that it was a boy...just knew it...go Peter!

AaronG said...

Sorry...while I won't reveal the name of the child -- I can assure you it won't be Peter. It's a nice name, but not for us...sorry.

But, we've had our hints and are pretty sure it's a girl...I'll call you tomorrow once we know.

Anonymous said...

Aaron, I am indescribably happy for you. Mostly because it's better you than me at this point :)

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Last night we enjoyed a full moon on display and the answer to this question is such.
Will the baby be a double X or an X/Y?
With my money on the line let this quote from a great movie be my answer,
"And I hope their first child be a masculine child"