Sunday, November 12, 2006

I'sa Ill Yo!

I've been sick for the past week. Seems I've caught pneumonia. Knocked me pretty much out. Except for a rather heroic election day where I worked 10 hours producing live television coverage from the headquarters of the Ohio Republican Party. If I had to compare my ability that day -- given how sick I was -- to something, it would be the night MJ scored 40+ while throwing up on the bench in the NBA Finals. Ok. Maybe not. But it still was pretty heroic.

I won't go into details. But you don't want pneumonia. Though it came in handy to be married to a doctor. After correctly diagnosing me, she was unable to treat me at home. So she called in some favors at the ER and took me in...and I got the royal treatment. Still it was like a 5 hour visit even with no line. I was very, very dehyrdrated.

Anyway, doing better. Operating at about 65% and still not eating, but back at work.

Also, today marks the first time since Tuesday I've been able to use my head and think. The medication makes me unable to concentrate on ANYTHING for more than a few minutes. I couldn't even read a sentence and remember what I had just read. It was very disconcerting. But then again, I wasn't aware it was disconcerting. If that even makes sense...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your back on the road to recovery. Seems like to passed on your illness to the Pats...horrible. Anyway, we are glad that Dr J took you under her wing and nurturing back to health. Perhaps you got something at the elections...who knows what diseases the politicians carry, like pneumonia of the mouth.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feelling better, for my sake. It's no fun having a sick nemesis.

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better as well

Anonymous said...

You still looked pretty pale to me tonight.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you sick we were wondering why you haven't put a blog on. But Your Mom was here and she told us that you were sick. Glad that Dr. Jenny was there to get you some treatment. EAT and Drink and take care.OOBNA

AaronG said...

Nana--

Drink? Like beer? OK.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Root Beer funny
OOBNA