Friday, October 20, 2006

Just So You Know

This link was sent to me by a good friend. It's called The Church You Know. And I gotta tell you, it's funny. It's a little acerbic...maybe a little too much. Based on the the NBC The More You Know PSA's, it looks at 5 or 6 issues pressing upon the Church in the form of similar, video PSA's.

(It's not on par with The Office spoofs, however)

You might not like it. The Mrs. didn't. The humor's not always clear...or even nice it seems. But it's thought provoking, I think.

I recommend the "Attendance" and "WWJD". Let me know if you give a crap after you watch it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always like new ways of saying the same important truths...hyperbole?

Anonymous said...

Pretty funny. I do agree with what they say about worship, and no-- it has nothing to do with the fact that I hate going to church.

AaronG said...

So you think farting is a form of worship? Cause that's where I draw the line. Because like I said in earlier posts...there was this guy in our church who used to just let them rip during services. It was always pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

...aside from the farting. I'd only do something like that, oh, excuse me for a minute *poooft*. As I was saying, I'd only do something like that while writing a blog. When a gust of wind hits my robe, watch out.

Anonymous said...

Oh Aaron just the thought brings back the horrific odor...it was just amazing that everbody else was used to it.

Anonymous said...

If the smell is strong enough you can actually detect what they may have just eaten.

Anonymous said...

It had to be fresh road kill

Anonymous said...

aaron i just gotta say that website made me laugh so hard. i love things/people that challenge the church like that - it reminds us we're not perfect but we need to strive to be.
-becky