Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The BabyMoon

So the wife and I just got back from our weeknight away. We headed up to Amish Country for a night at a castle. Yup. A castle. I've attached some pictures of Landoll's Mohican Castle so you can believe me . Our room was outstanding and just being together was wonderful. It was the first time since our honeymoon 4 1/2 years ago that we took some vacation time where we didn't go see family or friends.

Now the buzz word for this trip is a BabyMoon. Much like a honeymoon, except you take it before the baby comes, so it's not really like a honeymoon. Whatever it is called these days, it will be remembered by us as a lovely weekend.

The thing of it is: The Miller Suite, where we stayed, provided courtesy bathrobes. I tried one on -- because I've been accused of being an anti-robe-ite -- and hated it. I reiterate: they're stupid, useless pieces of fabric that offer us nothing in the way of making our lives better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robe or no robe, glad you had a good time on your "babymoon"

Anonymous said...

And it pleases me to no end that your wife shares my feelings about the benefits of having a nice robe.

Thanks, Mrs. Guest.

Anonymous said...

Great that you and the Mrs. G had a good time. Nice place!