Friday, October 27, 2006

And God Said: "It's Good!"

Is football the Lord's game? I argue it is not. But I also contend, baseball, is not the Lord's game. Instead, I opine (GRE word) soccer to be the game of the Heavens.

It's called the Beautiful Game for a reason. And a thing of beauty is a joy forever. I take forever to mean eternally and thus, soccer is God's favorite game.

Second on the list: Baseball. To borrow from a friend in college: Baseball is the only game you can fall asleep on the porch to for 20 minutes, wake up and realize you haven't missed a thing. And we all know God rested on the 7th day...probably on a porch somewhere listening to the ball game.

Third on the list: Football. If only because of the title of this post.

The thing of it is: I think God used to like hockey, I really do. He had a thing for walking on water you know. But with the new rules, it's just not the same. And I don't think he like Darts very much either....but cornhole...well, we'll see.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Correction: Soccer is also a game you can fall asleep to and wake up 20 minutes later and realize you haven't missed anything.

Clarification: who's the friend?

Reconsideration: Cornhole? It just sounds dirty.

Eric

AaronG said...

Well, despite your love and passion for baseball, it wasn't you. And honestly, I forget -- he was the newspaper editor junior year. Can't remember the name though. He had that column where he offered thoughts on things, like baseball.

And when y'all come up here for Turkey Day...we'll cornhole together. You'll love it.

Anonymous said...

A rose by any other name is a rose
and cornhole by any other name is potty--that name should bring some interesting images

Anonymous said...

Actually, it is baseball and here is the proof:Isaiah 7:18 'And it shall come to pass in that day That the LORD will whistle for the fly.' (NKJV) Now it is obvious that God is in the game, playing centerfield, and directing!

Live with it!

AaronG said...

Excellent point about baseball. However I point you to Genesis chapter 3 where God talks about "striking the heel" an obvious reference to a heel pass, common in soccer.

Anonymous said...

Of course, but one cannot forget "In the big-inning...' I know it's a stretch but sometimes all it takes is a short lead.

Anonymous said...

Alright, I went to dictionary.com and typed in cornhole. In light of the only definition they give, we will definately NOT be cornholing together on turkey-day!

Eric

AaronG said...

Dictionary.com? Freakin use the link I put in the post. We're so cornholin'. I got Red Sox boards.

And stop going to McDonalds!

Anonymous said...

Eric

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Anonymous said...

Aaron -

Thanks for saving my marriage in regards to Micky D runs while cinnamon rolls are cooking.

In regards to Thanksgiving plans, the recent sporting activities you've suggested with my husband might just abase (GRE word) our marriage bed! ;-)

"KB" G.