Thursday, April 27, 2006

Questions in Heaven

So I've got some questions for when I get to heaven. Questions for God:

1. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a blow pop?
2. Why 86 years?
3. Where in the world was Carmen San Diego?
4. Is it less filling or does it taste great?
5. If a train leaves Chicago traveling 75 mph and a train leaves Des Moines in hour later traveling 70 mph, where will they meet?

Perhaps you many think me a little uncooth, perhaps even sacrilegious, for asking such trivial things of the Almighty. It's just that, those other questions, questions like: why is there pain and why even create a world, seem to me to beg the question. As for that question, it's answer is something I will only know then.

The thing of it is: I imagine it has some similarities to way I felt when #2 was answered. For that was a small publicity here, but, in heaven, I fear it will be the "gigantic secret".

4 comments:

DCZ said...

Good questions. I know it sounds ridiculous, but one of my questions to God for the longest time has been.."what in the hell happened to Michael Jackson?" I know there are certainly a lot more serious questions to ask the Omnipotent One, but I can't help it. After the release of "Bad" he just kind of lost it.

Anonymous said...

what about the question of what came first...the chicken or the egg?

Anonymous said...

Assuming that questions such as these will needed to be asked of GOD. I look at Heaven like a child seeing something for the first time that is beyond understanding, 'WOW!'

Anonymous said...

Is there rust in Heaven?