Wednesday, April 19, 2006

For Mac Users

Since I found out this important information from a blog, I thought I'd pass it along.

If you're an MLB.tv subscriber (if not, you should be) and a Mac user, perhaps you've noticed some new changes for the media player. For instance, you can't select the player you want to view the game with. That in turn, makes you unable to view the game in anything larger than the 4 inch picture the MLB player allots. If you're using Safari as a browser, here's how you fix it:

1. Go to the HD/Library/Internet Plugins
2. Delete the Windows Media Player Plug-in.
3. Log back onto the MLB site.
4. It'll prompt you saying the plug-in is missing, but the Windows Media Player application can play the stream for you.
5. Click OK.
6. It'll open up WMP and you can re-size and enjoy!

It's just one of the things Mac users are constantly up against in this Bill Gates/PC world. But there's the trick.

The thing of it is: not to bite the hand that feeds me, but in order to blog correctly on Blogger.com, I can't use Safari. I'm left using FireFox.

3 comments:

AaronG said...

Thanks Sam! Keep checking the site out! But I doubt we'll ever share similar views! Although you do seem like my taste in clothes

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip for MLB.tv... I'll try it out this weekend if possible.

Do you like Firefox? I think it runs slowly on my iMac. The thing is, though, Safari keeps locking up on me. It always comes back, but I get the colored pinwheel an awful lot. This started happening after the last OS update. Hmm... hoepfully they'll fix it in the next one.

AaronG said...

Firefox is okay. I don't like the look so much, but it'll load some pages faster than Safari. Safari tends to work just fine for me, but I've noticed the occasional lock-up too.

But again, I'm all about the look, so I'll stay with Safari.