Friday, February 16, 2007

A Baby Tour

So we're close. Real close. Less than 3 weeks out. My guess is still by next weekend. But the Mrs. insists she'll make it through to March. Me, I'm not so sure. Everything's just about set too. The final piece of furniture should arrive tomorrow pending another snow storm.

This week we also took a tour of the birthing suite at the hospital where we'll have the baby. Rest assured this suite is nothing like the suite we stayed in during our BabyMoon back in October. Although, there is one suite we saw that had, what I've dubbed, a "tower view".

During the tour, which consists of us learning about procedure for when the Mrs. goes into labor, we made a stop by the nursery. For me, this pregnancy has been mostly theoretical. My body doesn't change. There's no moving inside me; no wedging of limbs under my rib cages. And, sure I can see the pregnancy, but I'm not feeling it like she is. Well, during said stop, we saw little newborns. One about 9 pounds, another just a hair over 5 lbs. That was when it hit me. Soon, I will feel it. Soon it won't be theoretical. Soon it will be as "practical as potatoes". Soon and very soon.

And I'm past excited. Soaring past excited. It's eagerness. Earnestness really. My son is about to be born. Somewhere between a hair's breath of 5 lbs and more robust 9 lbs; somewhere in-between the theoretical and the practical; somewhere between a tower suite and a quiet room; somewhere between unfeeling and feeling; somewhere between mere thoughts and actual sight; somewhere between the present and the future. My son is about to be born.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A joy within the tears expressed,
A promise made from ancient times.
Room with a Father's heart counting all was good
Oh the depths of love espressd
Near one's heat now two beats met.

sam accounted for and medkits are ready said...

hey I'm excited too!!!
My little nephew is about to be born and I can't believe it!
Jenny's pregancy went by really fast! Well I missed 3 mo. of it, but that is a different story...
But yeah! I think that we might be coming and if so do you want to go see "Ghost Rider" please?

Anonymous said...

your life is about to change for the rest of your life. Its going to be an amazing day for the both of you. I cant wait to hear said babys name and to take a look and maybe even a hold for a few minutes. I have a thing about holding new babys...youll have to ask your sister about that story.

Anonymous said...

The parents (AKA grandparents) and great-grandparents are all eager for the birthday. The tour of the hospital was interesting! We cannot express the depth of joy we have for you and Jenny.

Anonymous said...

We are looking forward to the birth of our great grandson with great happiness. He might be born on GreatGrampie birthday, that will be nice. But we are sure Jen and Aaron will be wishing for Him sooner. We'll see
OLDNA

Anonymous said...

We are looking forward to the birth of our great grandson with great happiness. He might be born on GreatGrampie birthday, that will be nice. But we are sure Jen and Aaron will be wishing for Him sooner. We'll see
OLDNA

sara* said...

So happy for all of you!

muchlove
manyprayers...

sara* said...

it's ee cummings (one of my favorites) ... the poem is up on my blog now.

Anonymous said...

the babe`s room looks beautiful but where are the Cardnials and
Red Sox flags for the walls,now that would really jazz up the room flying redbirds and walking red sox
oobm