Wednesday, August 02, 2006

See No Evil, Hear No Evil

This is what I'm listening to and reading at the moment. People like my book recommendations, usually, so if you would like some, let me know. Otherwise, may this information serve to help you understand me a little more. And perhaps where my ideas come from.

MUSIC
Neil Young, Prairie Wind -- I really've enjoyed this CD. Not his best I'm sure, but I know nothing else.
Live, Awake, The Best of Live -- reminds how great an album Throwing Copper was.
Wallflowers, Bringing Down the Horse -- while a Rebel, Sweetheart song inspired a post, this album is incredible.
Paul McCartney, Chaos and Creation in the Backyard -- and Calico Skies off of Flaming Pie
Wilco, Kicking Television -- this band is MUCH better live than on CD as this CD shows.

BOOKS:
Flannery O'Connor, Complete Short Stories -- interesting juxtapositions of grace and evil.
Flannery O'Connor, The Habit of Being -- surprises me how a woman like her, as evidenced by this book and her letters, could write of such gruesome and difficult subjects with such peace and simplicity.
Quoting God: How Media Shape Ideas About Religion And Culture -- because every now and then it's good to know I'm not the only one seeing what I see.

1 comment:

sara* said...

Calico Skies was our wedding song.

Sounds like your eyes and ears are pretty busy at the moment.