Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Over There

Today, my brother leaves for Iraq. He's a member of the Coast Guard and will help train Iraqi's to form their own Coast Guard. My brother's been wanting to go over there for awhile and is quite excited to get his 3-month-tour under way.

Of course, this journey's got all of us a little worried. Naturally. Now he won't be close to the major combat. And, honestly, my brother's been on much more dangerous missions than this one during his three year tour in the Coast Guard. But it doesn't matter how close you are to the exits in a burning building, you're still in a burning building.

All this being said, and regardless of how you may feel about the war in Iraq, keep Steve in your thoughts and prayers. Me, personally, I couldn't be more proud of my brother. He's a character, he's a great friend, he's a great guy. And, he's my little brother.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wE WILL KEEP sTEVE IN OUR PRAYERS, NOT A DAY WON'T GO BY THAT WE WILL NOT THINK OF HIM.WE REALLY ARE PROUD OF HIM. hE IS IN THE LORD HANDS.

Anonymous said...

Semper Paratus, Steve! We look forward to your return!