Sunday, August 13, 2006

Getting There From Here

Sparing you all another epic entry...I've decided to refrain from a minute by minute blogging of my Miami trip and also from the descriptives of said trip. Of note though: Miami is hot, naked old men on a beach are just that, and an ocean view is worth every penny.

But whenever you travel, perhaps you notice the other people, there, along for the ride, who are not, in the same sense, traveling, but are still a part of your journey. I'm talking about pilots and flight attendants; the people who work in airports. Along with cab drivers and train conductors.

Seems like I could do those jobs too. But not for an extended period of time. In fact, I think I could do every job for one day. Some perhaps even a week. For there are perks to any position as well as the negatives.

Here's a list of jobs I could do for said period of time and why:

1 Day
McDonald's: Because I still want to like their hamburgers.
Cab/Bus Driver: Driving around in circles, is, well, circular and makes for bad logic.
Pet Washer: Not sure if that's what the official title is, but that's what you're doing.

1 Week
Construction: Because eventually what you're building gets tall, and I'm afraid of heights.
Flight Attendant: Only because I'd be the one who'd help someone else with their oxygen masks before securing my own...me, trying to be the hero.
Valet: Even a Beamer feels like a Taurus after awhile.

1 Month
Cook: I'd be out of shape after week one, however I think I'd be good at it.
Woman: While I have nice legs and eyes, peeing standing up has its advantages.
Priest: Because I'd spill the communion plates one too many times.

The thing of it is: without any of these jobs we'd all be skinny men living in grass huts walking ourselves to hell with our smelly pets. So thank you to all of you who do these jobs. Except for the valet, your life is a waste.

7 comments:

mel said...

A woman for a month? Let's see you handle the high heels and shaving every day and we all know men could not handle that "certain thing" that happens once a month! I give you and every other man out there a week on this one!!!

sara* said...

i agree... i don't think you could make it month. but if you did, you'd be a better man for it.

Anonymous said...

Be careful Aaron. You may have just opened up your blog to become an episode of "The View". I already sense some definite yenta potential in this entry.

Anonymous said...

Can a Man be a woman for a week? The question should be can a woman be a man for a week? As dcz said this can turn into an episode of the view and we do not want that so I leave you just one question : Can a man carry a baby for 9 months and deliver it c-section?

How is that for starting somthing?

Anonymous said...

If it is so hard for a man to be a woman why do some many men become women and do a better job at being a woman?

Anonymous said...

Yo, ima valet and, man, feel yu dissn' me punk, cmon back to Miami punk. Yo I make more money than you think punk

Anonymous said...

The above comment is an example of what can happen when a non-black person tries to adopt a stereotypical black dialect and fails miserably. Even Justin Timberlake can do better than that.