Friday, June 23, 2006

Need To Change Everything


There's not much to say following the U.S.'s loss to Ghana and subsequent elimination from the World Cup. I remember playing soccer better than when I was in U12's. In fact, my sisters could tell you about videotape that exists of yours truly in U8's. Apparently, I was running all over the field, slide tackling, stealing the ball and scoring multiple times. I was 7. But it was more inspired soccer than what the U.S. showed up with. How do you NOT get up for a game this big?

Anyway, as is the case every 4 years, I have to find a new team to root for. It won't be Togo, though, that I know. I can't convince myself to pull for a team that makes me feel like I need to conjugate a verb.

I'm going to have to pull for France or England. And I'm only pulling for France because of Thierry Henry. He's impressive. England's a more logical pick, though, because they're at least into the knock-out round. But I can't stand the tall guy up front. All he knows how to do is be tall. And do the robot. Kind of.

The thing of it is: If any of the remaining countries were a pallindrome, I'd pull for them. I love pallindromes.

2 comments:

AaronG said...

Ukraine is not weak! They advance to the second round. Defeating Tunisia 1-0.

Anonymous said...

Call me when its the final game, otherwise, i'll just watch for the pure thrill of the game. World Cup Soccer has no equal in American Sports no matter how much we try to export USA sportsd to other lands. The only thing that comes the closest is FOLK MUSIC