Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Driver Found.

I am the victim of 10 years of successful advertising by Volkswagen. Below is a reasonable facsimile of our (read: my) new, used car. It's an '03 Jetta. Surprisingly, it was priced exactly the same as a comparable Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla. And, it's just a little more fun.

Three things I don't like:

1. The Candy Apple Red color. Reminds me of my first Fender Stratocaster Guitar.
2. The Interior Light Colors: Lilac. Lilac? A shade of purple and blue, complementing the Candy Apple Red interior lights.
3. The cup holder. When it slides out, it covers the radio.

As you can see, these are all cosmetic things. I can be petty. And, I'm over it. Overall, the car runs very smoothly, and very quietly and is in very good condition.

The thing of it is: We really liked the Corolla. It's just the salesman was WAY too pushy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
You wanted that red guitar. Remember husband dictum #678585.

'When choosing a car color, the wife gets the final say since you will be spending most of the time underneath the hood or the car where the color is usually black.

Anonymous said...

its Red. The color of a fire truck. what more could you want in life?

AaronG said...

No. Not the color of a fire truck. The color of your lips after you suck on a red lollipop. Thus, candy red. Fire Engine Red is darker and richer.

But really, I'm over it!

Anonymous said...

aleays sucking on somthing.