Thursday, June 22, 2006

A Different World


So I don't think that after Dwayne Wade's NBA title, too many people will mistake him for this guy.

Honestly though, I'm having a difficult time not describing Dwayne Wade as the second coming of Michael Jordan. His Finals performance made me a better basketball player just by watching him (Case in Point: I calmly knocked down a clutch, basketball winning free throw Monday at a Kings Island Carnival Basketball Shot Game. And what basketball did I win? Miami Heat. Which I might just sell on eBay under the auspices of: "Dwayne Wade inspired").

Constantly, though, I need to remind myself of what I call my presidential excuse: That we have no perspective in the present, save what is directly in front of us and directly behind us. That history is the judge.

The thing of it is: History is written by the victors. And to the victors go the spoils: DWAYNE WADE IS THE SECOND COMING OF MICHAEL JORDAN. Neither of whom hold a candle to the Basketball Jesus (Phew! Dodged that lightning bolt!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use to love this game
Of hoop where all the claim
To fame was few and far between.

I've lost the thrill of the clutch
Where one shot did determine much
Of who would win and losers lost.

Perhaps for but a moment came
A winner who still loved this game
With team as family to the end

Anonymous said...

I like eggs