Monday, April 09, 2007

Two Things I'll Never Forget

It's not often in one's daily life that before 9am you learn two things you will never forget. And I'm not being hyberolic(?). These two things will I carry with me as long as I live. Forever.

If you don't feel like learning anything new today; anything that, while not going to change your life, or make you smarter, or make you feel better about your life, is something nice to know, then stop reading right now. I'm about to blow your mind.

1. One of my co-workers has driven around the entire perimeter of Ohio. Seriously. 1,000+ miles. Country roads, highways, byways. Starting in Cincinnati. Ending in Cincinnati. Look at the state of Ohio. He outlined it in a car. He and two friends. Fascinating stuff.

2. There's apparently a place in Kentucky completely surrounded by Missouri and Tennessee and not Kentucky. It's called Kentucky Bend. Look for it on Google Maps. Tell me you wouldn't want to go there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I just read that caves have been found on Mars...check out NASA!

jdjones said...

I've always kind of wanted to go to that place where you can be in four states at once. I'm really bad at geography but I think you'd have one hand in Colorado and one foot in Arizona and one in Utah and maybe one in New Mexico. I remember my third grade teacher telling me about going there and thinking it was pretty cool.

J Dog said...

On that trip DJL saw one of my friends cousins near Chesapeake.

Anonymous said...

that place is called 4 corners. I wanted to go there too. I really want to go to Africa again. I might get to this summer.

Anonymous said...

At least you’re learning something