Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Oh No She Didn't!


Perhaps this bothered no one else: Did you notice Katie Couric was wearing white yesterday? After Labor Day?

Show's you how much I care about the news by the fact that this is the one thing that has stuck with me since yesterday.
But, again, Katie was wearing white!!!! After Labor Day!!!!! Barbara Walters wore white today too...apparently in solidarity.
But you can't tell me it wasn't done on purpose with Couric? That no one thought of the old wives tale? Something was up with that choice.

The thing of it is: investigating this idea would've been the most interesting thing on the newscast. Evening news is done. Why wait until 6:30 to get my news (and there was very little of it in the show) when I can get it at 3:30 on-line and it's much more complete. Plus I don't have to sit through the newscast either and hear what I want to. It's worth thinking about.

8 comments:

sara* said...

I'm not a fan of Katie and have no interest in the evening "news," so I missed last night's show. But I do want you to know that it is OKAY to where white after Labor Day. Update your fashion notebook.

Hope all is well!

AaronG said...

No it's not. At least it shouldn't be. Why do we constantly need to buck traditions? Next thing you know they'll stop singing hymns at church in favor of these songs called praise and worship.

Anonymous said...

Yes, network news is indeed dead.

Anonymous said...

The death of network news is less about their bias and more about their truth. There are many examples of the networks lying about an issue. There are two good books on this subject, "Coloring the News" and "Journalistic Fraud".

AaronG said...

Network news being dead has nothing to do about truths, in my opinion. It has to do with the fact that the average age of a network news watcher is 60. And people my age (25-35) get their news online, in the middle of the day. No longer choosing to wait until 630 and sitting through a half hour news broadcast involving stories that they have no input in selecting. I can get all my news in 10-15 minutes throughout the day and I can pick and choose what I want to know (which has good and bad effects). That's why network news, and, honestly, tv news in general, is dead.

Ha! and I'm a TV News Producer!

Anonymous said...

Better start shopping around then, my friend.

sara* said...

I wore white pants today.

Anonymous said...

I don't really have anything to add to the engrosing "Couric Debate '06"...other than

GO BUCKS!!!

BEAT TEXAS!!!