Saturday, October 06, 2007

Why I Love October

Alright. I'm going to be the "blogger". I'm going to post immediately. Vowing to not let my thoughts settle.

What a great night of baseball -- thanks in large part to TBS HD finally settling with DISH Network. I'll admit, I had the Indians-Yankees game on over the start of the Red Sox game (though I did have the radio broadcast coming through the computer so as to not be totally in the dark). Give much credit amongst yourselves, readers, to the Indians. That's a good, good ball club. By the way, Yankees, OFF doesn't work on insects other than mosquitoes. And that was a fantastic game.

But Manny steals the show. Gets the game ball. Is the Your-Name-Here-Because-We-Paid-Advertising-Money-To-Have-It-Here Player of the Game. It was an atrocious pitch by K-Rod. Missed location badly. Missed everything, even the ballpark by the time that thing landed.

And that's baseball in October, all apologies to the 'great' Dane Cook here. Every mistake magnified. Every bug. Every pitch. It's all in play. It all means everything. You can't mess up. You can't let up. You can't make it up tomorrow. All you can do is win.

It's late. Pushing 1am. And. It. Is. October.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If this is what October feels like, I don't want any part of it.

It's bad enough that when the Cubs are fortunate enough to play October ball that we have to see and hear all the reports on goats, and Bartman and whatever other curse the media comes up with. Now they forget how to play the game.

Here's hoping we get 2 games at Wrigley!

Anonymous said...

If I was those guys last night I would of walk off the field that was awful,glad the Yankees lost.

Anonymous said...

Yeah...baseball in the fall
I sense this is a call
To feel the flow within the lines
To rob a ball, to yell 'it's mine.'

Anonymous said...

Aaron,

I give praise this one time to the Red Sox. Kurt and I were watching the end of the game Friday night and I literally got chills watching the replay over and over again when Manny tore the leather off the baseball in his homerun. That was intense!!! We both got goosebumps just watching. That is what October baseball is all about!

Melissa