Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Sandwich For U

Perhaps the best sandwich I've ever had. Up there with the Bacon Turkey Bravo (man I love that sandwich and yes I am still a man for eating at Panera). Also, Eric, my sandwich won't leave you hungry afterwards.

2 slices of Whole Wheat Bread
Dijon Mustard
1 slice Pepper Jack Cheese
2 slices of Deli Turkey
3 slices of Salami
2-3 pieces of Bacon (4 if you want a piece to nibble on)
1 Kosher dill pickle, thinly sliced.
Garlic powder
Olive Oil
Onion Powder

Now here's the important part. I'm a firm believer that sandwich ingredients must be placed in the correct order to maximize the flavor of each. So this is of the utmost for the supreme enjoyment of this sandwich.

Spread the Dijon over the slices of bread. On one slice of bread place the Pepper Jack cheese. On the other place the pickle, diagonally across the slice. Place a slice of turkey on both pieces of bread. On top of that, on one side, place 2 pieces of salami, on the other place the final piece of the salami. Break the bacon so that you can lay it horizontally across the bread. Combine both pieces of your sandwich.

Heat up a skillet and in it place a liberal amount of olive oil. Add some garlic and onion powder and mix the oil around the pan. When it is nice and hot, place the bread into the skillet and oil. Fry to golden brown and flip to other side, toasting also to a golden brown. Press down on both sides as it is cooking to effectively squish the sandwich.

Eat and enjoy. I had two last night.

I woke up this morning wanting it again. At 6am. It is very good. I may call it The Q. Without the u because there's no sharing this sandwich.

Maybe I should call it something else.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must be a simpleton for enjoying a basic peanut butter and marshmellow fluff sandwich.

Anonymous said...

Since we are on the FOOD NETWORK blog, I'm in for a sammich with a mixture of karo syrup, peanut butter, apple butter, and any assortment of jellies or jams, toasted with a cold class of milk with ice.

Gil House said...

my personal fav is cheerios, raisins and mustard - in that order. b/t two slices of bread. to maximize the flavor & all.