Wednesday, September 19, 2007

What About My Friends?

So it would behoove me to have some better friends. Not that there's anything wrong with my friends. Nothing at all in fact. It's just that they could do a little more for me. So if you're reading this, and you're one of my friends and would like to stay as such, it would do you a world of good to try your hand at the following.

1. Airline Employee. That way I could get away. Free flights; peanuts; exit rows; first class; and all the carry-on's I can muster.

2. Sports Team Employee. Free tickets; inside info; meet and greets.

3. Movie Theater Employee. Free movies; popcorn; private screenings.

4. Gap Employee. 20-50% discounts.

Nope. I have no friends who can give me these things. Though I've got eternity covered; several friends are involved in pastoral offices. Then I'm married to a doctor so I've got my health discounts. But I need to work on having the material things accounted for. I need a little help from my friends.

It's interesting what my friends do. A nice cross-section of talent, gifts and life choices. But of no use to me materially. But then again, friends aren't for that.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got eternity and health coverage and you're worried about tickets to the movies! Why don't you go strike up a friendship with some kid in the 10th grade - he should be able to help you out. Gap? I don't know any respectable person that would work at the Gap - oh . . . uh . . . never mind.

Anonymous said...

Hey even better, pretend that you are a senior citizen and ask/demand for those low prices.

AaronG said...

Hey that discount is also good at Banana Republic and Old Navy too!

And I seem to remember you being pretty happy with a few shirts you were given!

Anonymous said...

Now, that's what friends are for.

sara* said...

I can help with language, executive functions, and swallowing... Hopefully you will never need my help.

Anonymous said...

Sara, this is a 'family' blog!

Anonymous said...

Ha. Stop griping. At least you have friends.

I only ask one thing of my "friends", to give me a call once in a while or have lunch. They don't even do that. So consider yourself fortunate.

sara* said...

Apparently, I should clarify that I can help you with those things POST a traumatic brain injury.