Monday, September 08, 2008

It's My Fault

Last Tuesday morning I awoke with a start, in a panic, stressed out. I got up and walked around the house. I told myself it was all a dream:

Tom Brady was injured. It was either the Super Bowl game against the Giants or the first game of the season against the Giants -- there was some confusion in the dream itself due mainly to the blinding catastrophic nature of the event. It was revealed his left knee and ankle had been severely injured and he would miss the entire season.

I awoke, convinced myself it was only a dream, that it hadn't happend, that all was not lost and all was still right.

Then there is the fact that for the first time ever I fantasy drafted a Patriot; I drafted two: Tom Brady and Maroney. Oh, and my team name is TomBradyManCrush. Well it was, now its TomBradysKneeCrushed; I am a masochist.

Blame it all on me. My actions in the fantasy/dream realm have caused this horrible catastrophe. I gave up watching football and fantasy yesterday as soon as I watched the play. I will now stop dreaming as well. I will look forward to Sundays for Meet The Press and it being the day before the work week starts. All is lost.

The thing of it is: Is this what Magical Realism is? Dark, Black, Bad Magic.

6 comments:

sara* said...

I blame the Pats for taking him off the injury report for the first time in THREE YEARS. Craziness.

*sigh*

Anonymous said...

Hey, the next time you dream make sure it has something to do with politics!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should have called the pats front office to warn them ??

Anonymous said...

Around these parts it is now known as the "Brady Crunch".

Who need football when gimpy can now travel with his main squeez?

AaronG said...

Why do I do this?

Anonymous said...

That was funny.

Here is a good one as well.

http://sendables.jibjab.com/