Thursday, May 24, 2007

Some Bathroom Reading

One week from today the Mrs., myself and Isaac will be the possessors of our new home. Needless to say it's been a stress-filled, yet exciting time for us. Between closing on a house and planning for the move into a home much larger than our current residence, we have been busy. Thankfully, our new home provides me with that needed respite. That longed for and welcomed moment of the day when no one wants to be around you and you won't no one around. Where it is just you and your thoughts. And sometimes some reading material.

A friend of mine has a book that provides summaries of all the greatest novels. Each books' summary can be read, well, in one sitting. The sports page is also common reading. My new home has something of the former adorning its walls. The previous owner, who gets major points for being clever here while having them deducted because of the location of the hot-tub filled gazebo, decided to paste pages of exceptional authors' works on the walls. All within plain sight. All easy to read. It's a rather ingenious idea, to post authors like Faulkner, Spinoza, Shakespeare, Bacon, Whitman, et al on the walls. And suddenly, these walls can talk.
I'm not sure where I'll start. On which wall. But I know I'll look forward to those chances I'll get to, well, sit and think. I'm just not sure how to reference them in footnotes on my graduate papers.

4 comments:

sara* said...

What a nifty idea!

Anonymous said...

Great news about the house, congrats. Check out someone in your neck of the woods.
www.askthebuilder.com

A great guy with alot of very helpfull information.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. My grandparents had wallpaper that looked like that in their bathroom. The difference is that the ones they had were prints from olde-timey papers. It was interesting to read some of the stories though, even if you only got part of it because everything was overlapping.

Anonymous said...

Excellent news about the house. You can all now contribute to the Global warming fraud and use the newspapers as a 1 square TP family.