Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Name Dropping: A Visit That Just Happened

As Ohio is the center of the universe today, you can understand why all of the Networks are in town. Seeing as how I work for the CBS one, we've been inundated over the past few days with network people. Moments ago, I shook Katie Couric's hand. Exchanged names -- as if I didn't know who she was. And a simple little banter with the Evening News host. She's quite pleasant in person. Very nice. Did I mention before that, seeing her walk down the hall while looking over my computer, we made eye contact and exchanged smiles and a wave as she walked by -- inches from my computer. Did I mention that? Because it just happened.

Though I did play a subtle joke on her. Realizing she was coming today, it struck me that underneath my sweater, I was wearing a Boston Red Sox shirt. She used to date the owner of the Sox. So I proudly displayed it and a picture of Isaac in Red Sox garb on the computer behind me during our meet-cute.

2 comments:

djl said...

It was a little weird to me, the way the powers that be at the station made preparations for the visit.

PA announcements about when and where she'd be, posts on the intranet about how to meet her. Just kind of weird.

I'm sure she's a nice lady, but I didn't really feel like going out of my way to meet her - what would we have to talk about?

So I just hung out in my edit-cave and went home when the clock struck noon.

Anonymous said...

I shook Senator Ted Kennedy's hand...and it was rather dry!
Burrp